Formerly Target Well Control and TIEBO Middle East, AlMansoori Directional Drilling Services (MDDS), is a high technology oil and gas drilling service company specializing in Directional Drilling, Measurement-While-Drilling (MWD) and Logging-While-Drilling (LWD) operations. The company provides a broad range of well placement technology and is particularly advanced in slim hole, underbalanced/CTD, TTRD and CWD applications. The company prides itself in creating innovative solutions to facilitate cost-effective drilling.
MDDS' product range includes Drilling Engineering, Directional Drilling, Well Planning, Mud Motors, Rotary Steerable Tools, Measurement-While-Drilling (MWD) and Logging-While-Drilling (LWD) provided on a rental or service basis. In addition to these products we provide field engineers and office based supervisors who are widely experienced in the management of challenging drilling projects.
MDDS has considerable experience in areas such as FSU (Siberia, Ukraine), Central Europe, Albania, Libya and West Africa, as well as the more conventional markets of the North Sea, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Far East.
Products & Services
- Well planning, engineering and feasibility studies
- Well-bore construction management
- Directional drilling
- MWD Gamma-Resistivity- Pressure LWD
- Coil Tubing / Slim Hole / TTRD Drilling
- Air / UBD MWD guidance and logging
- Casing / Liner reaming
- Specialised drilling tools design and manufacture
- Rotary tools
- Fishing and milling
- Casing drilling and reaming
Performance & Achievements
- Performance Drilling PDM Mud Motors 11¼" to 1¾"
- MWD/LWD 9½" to 2 1/2"
- Propagation Wave Resistivity 8¼" to 3 1/8"
- E-M Telemetry for Air and UBD Applications
- Pressure While Drilling for Air and UBD Applications
- Near Bit Gamma and Inclination with Short Hop to MWD
- Low Cost Curved Drilling Assembly / RST
- RST Short Radius Drilling Technology
- Performed over 90% of the onshore UK directional drilling jobs since 1992
- Provided Directional Drilling Services on over 880 wells in the Middle East
- Serviced over 45 coiled tubing drilling jobs worldwide
- TWC has provided MWD/LWD Services on over 562 wells worldwide
- Planned and supervised the drilling of the wells listed below:
Achievements in MWD/LWD Field
- First to measure with 4¾" propagation resistivity tool in 1996
- First to measure with 3 1/8" propagation resistivity tool in 1999
- Innovative method of data transmission magnetic fields in 1999
- Near-bit gamma inclination and short hop technologies
- Bore and annular pressure for air and UBD
- Complete MWD for air and UBD
Achievements in Performance Drilling
- 9-5/8" Mud motor record single bit run of 15,240 ft. ROP 207ft/hr
- 9-5/8" Mud motor record of 8,631 ft of 12¼" hole in 24 hrs. ROP 539 ft/hr
- 9-5/8" Mud motor record in cretaceous sequences with one run at 315ºF
- 9-5/8" Mud motor record of 7,732 ft of 16" hole in 6.5 hours. ROP 420ft/hr
AlMansoori Directional Drilling Services / Target Well Control Limited supply Vector-Drill Mud Motors. These are owned and maintained in Abu Dhabi by Target Well Control Limited.
To date, well over 800 runs have been made with Vector-Drills. In Abu Dhabi there is a stock of over 50 Vector-Drills ranging from 1-3/4" OD to 11-1/4" OD.
These motors are available in a variety of configurations to suit any drilling requirement.
AlMansoori Directional Drilling Services / Target Well Control Limited has the capability of supplying in excess of 15 strings of Rotary Tools including the following tool categories:
||3-1/4" - 36" OD Steel & Non Magnetic
||2-7/8" - 9-1/2" OD Steel & Non Magnetic
||8-1/2" - 17-1/2" OD
||12-1/4" - 24" OD
||2-7/8" - 9-1/2" OD Steel & Non Magnetic
||5" - 5-1/2" OD Non Magnetic
New 9-5/8” High Torque Low Speed Motor
Super Torque and ERT Power Section
Short Radius RST
|Standard Vector-Drill Motors:
||1-3/4" to 11-1/4"
|Vector-Drill XL Motors:
||2-7/8", 4-3/4", 5.0", 6-3/4" and 7-1/4"
|Vector-Drill Plus 2 Motors:
|Low Speed Vector-Drills:
||6-3/4", 9-5/8" & 11-1/4"
|Low Speed Vector-Drill Plus 2:
Target Well Control has acquired the design, know-how and prototype tools for a cost effective, short radius rotary steerable drilling system from Calgary-based Tesco Corporation. The acquisition has been accompanied by the transfer of a patent license from BP Corporation North America Inc. that allows Target to market this technology on a world-wide basis.
Technology Under Development
- ‘Point-the-bit’ technology for high rates of curvature
- Prototype tools built for 3-7/8", 4 ½" and 6" hole sections.
- Ideally suited to short-radius curves (e.g. sidetracked laterals off an existing wellbore). Consistent curvature produced. 4 ½" hole drilled with radius of curvatures in the range of 30 ft to 97 ft produced (190° to 59°/100 ft). After building to horizontal the rotary steerable assembly is pulled out and a tangent assembly run.
- More efficient than drilling conventionally with PDM’s. Time saved by removing problems relating to sliding and more aggressive PDC bits can be utilised.
- Smart Drilling Closed Loop RST/VDS
- QUAD Combo LWD (In project feasibility study)
- NMR LWD and interval transit time LWD capability
- Short hop/well-bore communications system
- Multi-frequency propagation wave resistivity (PWR) tools
- Expand geo-steering capabilities with new measurements in all hole sizes